[modfilms-general] SANCTUARY NEWSLETTER > JULY 28 > 2005

Michela Ledwidge michela at thequality.com
Thu Jul 28 00:16:01 BST 2005

SANCTUARY ENTERS THE DRAGONS

Michela recently applied to the BBC show 'The Dragon's Den'. The Dragons'
Den is a series where entrepreneurs pitch their ideas to secure investment
finance from the Dragons - a group of elite business experts. Here was the
application for £200K.

One line: The future of films is sampling culture. We make
subscription-based film worlds that turn any film into interactive
entertainment.

Exec Summary: MOD Films is a production company developing a new paradigm -
"re-mixable film DVD" titles for home theatres and an online subscription
model that works for entertainment, education and corporate video titles.
Our patent-ready business methods enable productions of any sized budget to
be purpose-built for wider interactivity and be made more directly
re-usable, more distribute-able and of course more profitable for a wider
range of purposes.

MOD Films received a NESTA Inventions award in 2004 to develop a world-first
pilot. The product is a "film world" - a short 35mm film, a software demo,
and a film distribution system in one.

We seek further investment to consolidate our team and technology.”

ANNOUNCING CREWSTER 2.0

Crewster is a social network for film/ TV/ Commercial Industry crew members
where you can meet like-minded folks and colleagues, post your resume, IMDb
and other links, contact info and search through over seven hundred other
users in both the US and Canada. The site is based on recommendations, not
just who you know, so it becomes very handy when it comes time to hire.
HYPERLINK "http://www.crewster.com/"http://www.crewster.com

ZAZZLE-ING

The Internet opportunities for customisation and personalisation of consumer
goods has not escaped the notice of investors. Brands like Disney are buying
into the idea of letting the public commercially sample their artwork on
items such as a t-shirt, framed canvas or what-have-you. HYPERLINK
"http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5792396.html"http://news.zdnet.com/2100-
9588_22-5792396.html

TiVOLUTION

TiVo Inc. on Monday introduced a feature that lets television viewers send
personal information directly to advertisers when they see certain
commercials, a move designed to open up TiVo's technology to more markets.
HYPERLINK
"http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&e=6&u=/nm/20050718/en_nm/tech
_tivo_dc"http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&e=6&u=/nm/20050718/en
_nm/tech_tivo_dc

IPTV - THE FUTURE OF TELEVISION

In what is billed as a nationwide first for an American Cable Company, Time
Warner Cable is letting its customers in Mira Mesa and Tierrasanta watch
television over their home computer's high-speed Internet connection.
HYPERLINK
"http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050713/news_1b13iptv.html"http://
www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050713/news_1b13iptv.html

IDIOT BOX QUOTE OF THE WEEK PART 2

"The future of broadcast networks is going to be much more one of creating
commercial transactions, not just advertising." - Tom Rogers