[modfilms-general] SANCTUARY NEWSLETTER > SEPTEMBER 28 > 2005

Alex Zinzi alexzinzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:17:26 BST 2005

WEST FOCUS GRANT
MOD Films has been awarded a £10K business development grant from West Focus
to refine the proposition into a 30 second demo and update our market
research. Thanks to John Howkins for recommending the project and making the
case for funding.

LAETITIA HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Our beloved Laetitia is leaving us to take up a Producer job at The Mill. On
behalf of everyone I'd like to thank her for her work on the project and
wish her all the best in what will undoubtedly be a very exciting gig.
Cheers cherie!

CLEANFLICKS
More debate on the Cleanflicks lawsuits and counter-suits with the Directors
Guild of America. For those who haven't heard of the issue, it concerns the
right of companies to sell edited versions of Hollywood pictures on moral
grounds. FYI, the Hollywood directors lost their case, as reported earlier
by Phillip Noyce (one of the 16). Here's a more recent public thread on the
issue, and why fighting this kind of thing may be counterproductive:
http://www.tacitus.org/story/2005/4/25/15102/5464

SIMS 2
Michela was loudly proclaiming that no video game allows you to simply treat
its material as a non-interactive linear experience when it was pointed out
that 'The Sims 2' does just that. Anyone in our team a Sims fan? Well then I
expect that you've all seen Atlas Productions' "Awakening" series by now:
http://www.machinima.com/films.php?id=1051

SIM SUPREMO QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"After people play these Sim games, it tends to change their perception of
the world around them, so they see their city, house or family in a slightly
different way after playing." - Will Wright