[modfilms-general] SANCTUARY NEWSLETTER > FEBRUARY 15 > 2005

Alex Zinzi alexzinzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:28:13 GMT 2006

THE REMIXABLE FILMS FORUM IS UP!
As I anticipated last week, Michela and I have decided to migrate our
Newsletter to a more cohesive multi-media platform, and thus created a Forum
on the Social Networking Site - Multiply.com <http://multiply.com/> which
will be tentatively called Remixable
Films<http://remixablefilms.multiply.com/>.
You guys will need to register with Multiply to access the content, but fret
not because signing up is a piece of cake and the 'basic' account is FREE.
It would also be wise once you're inside if you added both
Michela<http://lucyvoloi.multiply.com/>and myself - Sydney
Rome <http://sydneyrome.multiply.com/>, to your Network straight away so you
can start receiving updates as well as message us with any queries you may
have about the site's modus apperandi. I'm sure you'll find the forum pretty
easy to navigate through, especially since we broke the site down into 7
Main Sections which are meticulously explained in an introductory Blog
titled All MOD's Cons on
Multiply<http://remixablefilms.multiply.com/journal/item/1>under the
NEWS section. Nothing much left to say really other than... see you all in
Multiply!

DEL.IC.IOUSLY SANCTUARY
I'm beginning to wonder whether the Net isn't simply going to eat itself
recursively. Seems to me as though all these web services dutifully
cross-promoting and cross-referencing themselves with related bookmarks,
blog trackbags, etc etc. are becoming a tad superfluous. Still... here's a
perfectly useful use of
del.icio.us<http://del.icio.us/url/9d5c8099b97dda2370d83c9f137c31a0>which
demonstrates how people are tagging their MOD Films bookmark.

FASCADE BETA TESTERS WANTED
The makers of Fascade, the interactive narrative experiment, are looking for
new beta testers. Anyone who feels they may be up to the task should follow
this LINK <http://grandtextauto.gatech.edu/2006/02/09/beta-test-facade-11/>

JEFF VEEN TALK
internationally sought-after speaker, author and consultant Jeff Veen gave a
good talk on Web 2.0 at the Digital Futures conference. He discussed about
how boom and bust cycles have been going on for centures. E.g. tulips, steam
trains and Tokyo land speculation, akong with dotcom bubbles all fall into a
similar pattern. He spoke of the Web 2.0 hype essentially as a promising
sign that we now have more of an Internet platform we can build on. Anyone
interested in getting a few more details about the talk should download a
copy of Mr. Veen's SLIDES <http://veen.com/digitalfutures.pdf>

WEB WATCHDOG QUOTE OFTHE WEEK
"My prediction remains as it always has: The fastest Web sites, regardless
of end-user bandwidth, will be the most successful." - Jeff Veen