[modfilms-general] SANCTUARY NEWSLETTER > OCTOBER 19 > 2005

Alex Zinzi alexzinzi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:37:16 BST 2005

POST-PRODUCTION NEXT STEPS
Alrighty folks, a large amount of housekeeping has been sorted, but now it's
time to re-commence post-production and finish this little baby! So here's
two of our main priorities right now..

RE-MIXABLE FILM DEMO
Thanks to Westfocus there is a small budget available (£5000) to package the
work to-date. Michela needs to put together a project team to make a
30-60sec AV demo.

FILM EDITOR POSITION
We're looking for an Avid Media Composer (budget £500) to fine-cut the film
asap, currently at 12min rough stage. Needs to be sci-fi savvy, understand
the overall concept, and not be phased by all the VFX work in the mix.
Probably 4-5 days work. To work out of edit suite at NATS, Soho Square. Big
hand to Richard and Charlie at NATS who are fully behind the project and
very kindly donating facilities for offline and online. However, we need to
supply the Editor and the search continues. Any or all leads and
recommendations needed please!!

XBOX 360 VIDEO STREAMING
CNET gives further insight into how XBOX 360 will act as a bridge to home
cinema libraries via Media Center PCs.
http://news.com.com/Xbox%20plays%20starring%20role%20in%20Windows%20update/2100-1016_3-5894933.html?part=rss&tag=5894933&subj=news

THE DIRECTOR'S HALF CUT
A new monthly movie-themed club night opens in Kennington in London Oct 27
"dedicated to bringing the essence of the movies into a 3-D environment.
Promising short films, live music, soundtracks, theatre, djs, comedies and
prizes. Excuse them the horribly inaccessible website which is the essence
of bad web design (all key info in a flash movie) but looks intriguing
otherwise. http://www.tdhalfcut.com

MASHUP API'S
Here's a useful little aid for web API developers. The Programmable Web
folks have put up a tool for tracking what API's are being used in tandem
across the Web. I still can't bring myself to say "web 2.0", one buzzword
too many (and wasn't 1.0 the Web pre-Mosaic?), but that's the label they're
using. http://www.programmableweb.com/matrix

DARING DIGITAL DIRECTOR QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"What I love about new technology is that it really pushes the art. It
really pushes it in a way that you can't imagine until you come up with the
idea. It's idea-based. You can do anything." - Robert Rodriguez