[modfilms-general] SANCTUARY NEWSLETTER > SEPTEMBER 14 > 2005

Alex Zinzi alexzinzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:22:54 BST 2005

VOTE FOR MICHELA IN VJ POLL
Please take a moment to support Michela by nominating her for DJ Mag's poll
of the world's top audio-visual artists. All you have to do is email:
vjscan at djmag.com with FIVE names (there must be five). Here is a shortlist
of biased recommendations. Support your local VJs y'all!! More information
at DJ MAG: http://www.djmag.com/djtech009.php
.M. - http://thequality.com/people/michela/vj
Punkvert VJs - http://www.punkvert.tv
Addictive TV - http://www.addictive.com
Coldcut - http://www.ninjatune.net/coldcut
VJ Anyone - http://www.anyone.org.uk

SANCTUARY – JOB ADS
There are positions vacant on our web site for SANCTUARY post production.
Motion Graphics Artist -
http://modfilms.com/archives/20050819_wanted_motion_.html
Composer and Sound Designer -
http://modfilms.com/archives/20050819_wanted_compose.html

SANCTUARY – CALL FOR RE-MIXERS
MOD Films is looking for people to mess with our re-mixable film pilot,
SANCTUARY, as post-production continues and ahead of its public release.
Register your interest via the website and give us an idea of what you could
do. All contributions and collaborations with the SANCTUARY project will be
showcased on our soon-to-be launched portal -
modfilms.net<http://modfilms.net>.
We intend to release as many of the original digital assets as possible
under a Creative Commons free-for-non-commercial re-use license.

WEIRD TV
An inordinately cool, amusing and beautifully-presented online spoof of
Historical & Scientific Curios-style Documentaries: http://www.weird.tv

FINDSOUNDS
FindSounds.com is a free site for finding Sound Effects and Musical
Instrument samples on the Web. It's essentially a super-user-friendly Web
search engine, just like Google and AltaVista, but with a focus on sounds.
http://www.findsounds.com/types.html

THE ARTIST AS A THIEF QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"A bad artist imitates, a good artist steals." - Pablo Picasso